(please keep in mind
that any addresses, phone numbers or other contacts
may be hopelessly out of date!)
- Newsletter Fall 2014 Rita and Ron
- Newsletter Spring 2014.
Carbon Sequestration by Maynard Kaufman; Tackling Tomato Leaf Spot by
Jan Ryan; Preserving Medicinal Plants by Rita Bober
- Newsletter Fall 2013. Articles by Rita and Ron
- Newsletter Spring 2013. More board member contributions.
- Newsletter Fall 2012. Rita and Ken.
- Newsletter Spring 2012 Maynard and Rita author.
- Newsletter Fall 2011 Now edited by Swan Huntoon firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsletter Spring 2011 Maynard and Rita contribute. Roger Ulrich from Lake Village Homestead.
- Newsletter Fall 2010. More from our prolific writers, Norm and Rita Bober. Also Ben Brown and Jon Towne
- Newsletter Spring 2010 Article on Echinacea, meeting minutes and MLT events.
- Newsletter Fall 2009. Very lengthy issue with a lot to cover. Maynard, Ron and Rita covering the Transition, Tea and Technological Optimism.
- Newsletter Spring 2009 Ben Brown and Tiny Homes, Rita continues her series on native plants, and Maynard gets down to the roots about money.
- Newsletter Fall 2008 Donna McClurkan and Rita Bober
- Newsletter Spring 2008 Ken Asmus, Ron Klein, Heather Krull, Rita Bober and Lori Evesque are featured.
- Newsletter Fall 2007.
This packed issue includes articles on Bees and Pollinators, Fair
Food Matters' Eat Local, Kalamazoo! program and useful plants. An
article on the Sunflower Ecovillage rounds out this issue.
- Newsletter Spring 2007. An article about stinging nettle and a history of MLT
- Newsletter Fall 2006. 7 articles about our favorite subject: FOOD!
- Newsletter Spring 2006 Harvest Fest, Food Distribution Systems, etc.
- Newsletter Fall 2005 Articles by Maynard Kaufman and Wayne Roberts
Fall 2004: 3 articles.
Spring 2004: Articles and goings on of local organizations
aligned with MLT. Also update on status of the American Chestnut.
Fall 2003: Ken Dahlberg, Mike Phillips, and Maynard Kaufman
concerning Homeland Security, Poultry and demons!
Spring 2003 (oops missed a couple!) Jan Ryan on plant inspection, Mike
Phillips, and an update on KCGI.
Fall 2001: Features a tribute to Joe Filonowizc by Maynard
Spring 2001: Kalamazoo
Community Gardens Initiative, Jon Towne, and Paul Gilk.
Winter 2000: Ken Dahlberg and Ben Brown
are featured. Last issue under Mikes editorship.
- Newsletter Jan 1998. More good articles.
1997. Check it out, it's compilation of the best of previous
- Newsletter April, 1997. A short issue consisting of commentary by Mike.
Fall 1996: One of the best! Mike Phillips, Conrad Kaufman,
Jon Towne, Maynard Kaufman
- Newsletter May
1996: Articles by Mike Phillips, Gyula Ficsor, Billie Dalton,
- Newsletter October 1995
- Newsletter December
1994. Two local librarians(Sharon Crotser, Bobbi Martindale)
write about rural libraries, Maynard about MOFFA, and the trials of
building Mike's pole barn.
- Newsletter July 1994. Essay by Ken Dahlberg describing the elements of a healthy food system. Mike elaborates on "self-provisioning".
- Newsletter January, 1994. Under the continuing editorship of Mike Phillips.
- Newsletter September 1993. Poetry contest and article by Mike Kruk
- Newsletter April 1993. Pete Notier and "Recollections about an old Radical" are featured.
- Newsletter July 1992. Article by George Filonowicz, poetry contest proposal
- Newsletter December 1992. Features Sharon Crotser
- Newsletter March 1992. THE NEED FOR A THIRD WAY IN ECONOMICS by Maynard Kaufman with a bibliography
- Newsletter December 1991. A farm report, a review, and prose.
- Newsletter October 1991. Maynard Kaufman and Mike Phillips.
- Newsletter March 1991. A health-care oriented issue with articles by two RN's.
- Newsletter December 1990. Articles by Mike Phillips and Ken Dahlberg, MLT chair
- Newsletter October 1990. Memorial Issue for Sally Kaufman: Mentor, Spouse, Mother, Friend, MLT Director, and former MLT Newsletter Editor.
- Newsletter March 1990. Permaculture bibliography is featured, with other good reading.
Fall 1989. Very interesting articles on Forest Management
and Perennial polyculture-prairie style at the Land Institute. Mike Phillips, new newsletter editor.
- Newsletter January 1989. Articles by Roger Ulrich and Tim Johnson. Sally's last issue.
- Newsletter October 1988. The Coffin by Maynard Kaufman, Conference reports by Ken Dahlberg and Jon Towne
- Newsletter May 1988. A great issue about biotechnology with Ron Klein, Don Katz and Ken Dahlberg.
- Newsletter January 1988. Articles about pesticides and from Sally Kaufman.
- Newsletter October 1987. Articles by Swan and Jon.
- Newsletter July 1987. Groundwater issue. Includes an article by Lisa Phillips.
April 1987. Book reviews by Maynard Kaufman and Bob
Applegate. The story of the watercress by Sally Kaufman.
Thanksgiving 1986. Animal Rights and Deep Ecology
are topics explored with articles by Maynard Kaufman, Paul Gilk, and
- Newsletter October 1986. A short "organizational maintenance" newsletter.
- Newsletter February 1986. Book reviews, Europe experience by Ruth Agius, poem by Wendell Berry, Prose by Greg Smith.
10th Anniversary (of MLT) 1986. Not a bad newsletter to
read 1st with a history of MLT by Maynard and Sally Kaufman. Joe
Filonowicz, Paul Gilk, Ken Dahlberg, Stu Shafer and Jon Towne also
December 1985. "A Permaculture Model" by Jon Towne, "On
Mutualisms" by Michael Patelle and a book review by Maynard
- Newsletter Summer 1985. Discussion by Pete Notier of Aldo Leopold's land ethic and review of Masanobu Fukuoka's The One Straw Revolution by Swan Huntoon and more.
- Newsletter February 1985. Women in Agriculture. Juliet Minard, Catherine Gauthier, Wendy Price, Susan Rainsford.
December 1984. A great article about living and teaching
in Liberia by Tom Breznau. Also Greg Smith is featured.
- Newsletter August 1984. More on the Land Trust Farm Permaculture Plan.
- Newsletter March 1984. Paul Gilk on small diversified farm systems. Summary of Land Trust Farm Permaculture Plan.
1984 (No date on newsletter). A synopsis of MLT history and
actions since its inception in 1976 by editor Sally Kaufman.
Includes excerpts from previous issues.
- Newsletter October 1983. Tim Johnson "COMMERCIAL FARMERS” - A LOT LIKE YOU AND I". Maynard Kaufman about the downside of large confinement operations (CAFO's).
- Newsletter August 1983. An issue on Permaculture and Land Use.
- Newsletter Spring, 1983. Book reviews.
- Newsletter January 1983. Highlights of : CONDOS, CORNFIELDS AND HOMESTEADS THE NEW RURAL RESIDENTS AND LAND USE
- Newsletter September 1982. A short edition advertising a public panel discussion on land use: Condos, Cornfields, and Homesteads.
- Newsletter June 1982. Features a letter to MLT from author Ernest Callenbach and an optimistic article by Tom Breznau.
March 1982. Maynard Kaufman writes about Land use
in rural areas complicated by industrialized agriculture and rural
- Newsletter October 1981. The Land Trust Homesteading Farm, the Rural Feminist Movement and the Journal Project.
- Newsletter July 1981. Women's issue, getting out from "under" male domination of the countryside.
- Newsletter February 1981.
Ken Dahlberg on some interesting farm legislation, a couple
"slices" of poetry by Paul Gilk and a book review by Maynard Kaufman.
- Newsletter November 1980. Information on ongoing projects, and MLT meeting minutes.
- Newsletter June 1980. "Land Trust- a Conceptual Overview", and other tidbits.
- Newsletter (Late) 1979.
The 1st one! Article by Maynard Kaufman giving details
about the inception of MLT and its IRS charter. Land Trust
Homesteading Farm update. Edited by Sally Kaufman.